De La Hoya comments on death of Emanuel Steward
LOS ANGELES (October 25, 2012) – Following the death of Emanuel Steward, one of boxing’s most important contemporary figures, former 10-Time World Champion in Six Weight Divisions and President of Golden Boy Promotions, Oscar De La Hoya who trained under Steward in 1997 commented:
“It brings me great grief and sadness to hear of the passing of one of the best and most respected trainers of this era, Emanuel Steward.
“I learned a lot from him during our professional relationship and I will be forever grateful for his help during that time.
“We were also friends and I know I am going to miss him as so many others will too. He was an important part of our boxing community.”
- Juan Carlos Payano Wins World Bantamweight Crown
- Abraham vs Smith: ‘That’s What Happens In Germany’
- Sho Nuff: Nelson gets past Blencowe to retain title!
- Artur Beterbiev – clear and present danger for Sergey Kovalev’s light heavyweight dominance
- Abraham retains WBO title with unanimous points decision